Support is only for the software, no advice or recommendation will be given on the use of maps. Except the brief descriptions available on the site, no additional information will be provided on the maps, any additional questions, please address in the appropriate forums.
PC or Netbook , running Windows (XP, Vista, Windows
7/8 (32 or 64 bit), USB
2.0 or better.)
1024x576 display and NET Framework Vers. 2.0 and upwards.
cable with FTDI chip set and associated
CDM ver. 2.06.00 drivers (D2XX) or higher.
Note: for Windows 8 from driver vers. 2.08.28, select here the driver package for manual installation.
- For Aprilia ECU's, additional components are required, follow this link.
- For KTM ECU's, additional components are required, follow this link.
- For Benelli ECU's, additional components are required, follow this link.
of FrameWork 2.0 (XP only)
1. Download FrameWork 2.0, here the Link
2. Run dotnetfx.exe and follow the instructions.
Installing the Windows
Windows 7/8 and Vista users: MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT connected to the internet. Disconnect any WIFI or Ethernet cable. Otherwise Windows will download the latest driver automatically, which may not be compatible with TuneECU (if your cable came with a CD of drivers..do NOT install them)
FTDI also offers the driver with an installation routine the points 2-9 of the manual installation not necessary
when using this version. Not for Win 8, select here the driver package for manual installation.
Just run the setup.exe of the FTDI-driver and then plug in the USB cable to a USB port. The previously installed
FTDI-driver are automatically assigned to the USB cable.
1. Recommended FTDI CDM Drivers (D2XX) download here and extract the ZIP file.
2. Plug the cable into a USB port.
3. The PC will open the Found New Hardware Wizard to install the USB/Serial driver:
4. Choose “No, not this time” for the connection to Windows Update.
5. Click Next. You see this screen:
6. Under the checkbox for
"Include this location in the search… ", select the path where you have
and saved the drivers.
7. Click on “Next”
8. The USB driver is installed. Click Finish when complete.
9. Repeat the above steps for the serial driver.
Driver Installation of USB/RS232
converter, required if your computer has
no serial interface (RS232) has.
Use the drivers that came with the cable.
Problems with the driver
For example, Windows reports: can not find driver software for this device
Please read this post from www.triumphrat net.
Another source for help is the
If you have any problems with the installation of the FTDI driver, please use the support of FTDI
under http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/InstallGuides.htm, there are support documents,
the selection of documents must correspond Your used operating system.
1. Download TuneECU from TuneECU.com and extract the ZIP file.
2. Copy TuneECU.exe and TuneLibrary.dll into a directory on your hard drive. For example C:\TuneECU.
4. Download the appropriate (.hex) map files for your bike from TuneECU.com
provided information on the sides of TuneECU have been made in good
faith, *** END ***
but make no claim to completeness and correctness.
*** END ***