Referente al manual de taller para los procedimientos específicos del modelo.
Algunos de estos procedimientos pueden no ser
aplicables a ciertos modelos
Resetear TPS (restablece el acelerador a la posición cero)
Procedure for Triumph, Aprilia, Benelli - Sagem modelos:
- Contacto e interruptor general encendidos pero con motor apagado
- Doble clic en el botón Resetear TPS
- Esto establece la posición de acelerador cerrado, temporalmente en un valor alto.
el motor y dejarlo al ralentí lo suficiente para que el ECU ajuste el
valor hasta igualar
las RPM de ralentí fijadas (60 segundos), en este proceso, no toque el acelerador.
Reset Adaption Triumph-Sagem-Lambda-models
1. Ensure bike is seeing a closed throttle position (CTP),
if not, then perform TPS reset.
2. Bike in Neutral
3. Coolant temperature between 80-96°C
4. Minimum air box temperature of 21°C
5. Now with clutch pulled, blip the throttle to 3000 RPM and let it drop back to idle for at least 30 seconds,
all with the clutch lever pulled in.
Check bike is adapted by viewing Lambda Fuel.
Figures should be "toggling" +4 to -4
Don't forgot to check IACV steps are 20 - 35
Adaption (Keihin ECU), Sólo los modelos
These option are not applicable for the Sagem models.
Process will be launched in the test window (Resetear adaptación).
<Menu> ECU--- Resetear adaptaciónAfter each download, a Adaption reset is needed.
1. Turn the ignition off and back on again.
2. Wait 10 seconds and turn the ignition off again.
3. Turn the ignition on. Wait until TuneECU has connected automatically and select Resetear adaptación
from the ECU menu.
4. Start the engine and let it idle until the TPS light in the status bar becomes green – around 15 - 20
minutes, en este proceso, no toque el acelerador.
Reset Adaption specifically for the Triumph EFI Twin models:
This procedure should be carried out with a cold engine.
- Connect your laptop to your bikes ECM with your OBD2 USB cable.
- Turn the ignition on, wait 10 seconds and then turn it off again.
- Turn the ignition on and wait until TuneECU has connected, then select "Reset Adaption" from the ECU menu.
- Once clicked you will get a "Reset Adaption Complete" message after 5-15 seconds, OK this.
- Start the engine with the cold start knob pulled out and don't touch the throttle.
- Let the engine idle for 15 - 30 seconds and push the cold start knob in, but only to the first indent and not all the way.
- After about 3-5 minutes or sooner if you think your engine will idle OK without you touching the throttle, push in the cold start knob all the way.
- Let the engine idle until the TPS light in the status bar becomes green, usually around 10 to 20 minutes.
- If the TPS light doesn't turn green after twenty minutes, don't worry and turn the engine off anyway as sometimes
- it doesn't trigger, and in our experience the job is done anyway.
- Turn the ignition off for a couple of minutes to ensure the
ECM can save the adaptive data.
The manufacturer of Triumph motorcycles describes the way of the standard adaptation for Keihin
models as follows (not applicable for the Sagem models).:
1. Ensure the transmission is in neutral.
2. Ensure the ECM has no stored faults (DTCs).
3. WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE, start the engine and allow it to warm up to 90°C (60°C on
Bonneville, Scrambler, Thruxton, America, and Speedmaster models).
4. Leave the engine to idle for a further 12 minutes.
• If during an adaption cycle the conditions are no longer met, for example if the motorcycle is ridden, the
motorcycle may not be fully adapted. The adaption process will continue each time the conditions are met
again, and the engine has idled for longer than 3 seconds.
Following the description for the fast adaptation method with the Triumph Diagnostic Tool:
To start a fast adaption:
Connect the diagnostic tool, select ADJUST TUNE (Map) and select RESET ADAPTIONS.
This will force a fast adaption routine to take place in around 5 seconds. For this to happen,
the engine must be running, it must be at normal operating temperature and in closed loop control
mode. Under any other conditions (such as with the engine not running) fast adaption will not take place
and may cause default values to be loaded, which may then require a normal 12 minute adaption routine
to be run.
The fast adaptation method is feasible even with TuneECU.
• Using the fast adaption method above with the engine off and the ignition on will reset the adaptions to
their default (not adapted) factory settings. A full 12 minute adaption routine will then be required.
• Both methods only adapt the idle area - the off idle area can only be adapted when the motorcycle is
ridden under load, i.e. on the road.
• The off idle adaption area covers cruise sites from 30 to 90 mph (50 to 145 kmh), so the motorcycle must
be ridden in this area to adapt. As it is not always possible for dealers to adapt motorcycles in this way,
it is not a problem, then the motorcycle will perform continue adapting during normal use.
Resetear adaptación y / o inicialización de ejecución Sólo los modelos de KTM
models SD, SM, & Adventure:
After download from an new map, you must perform an initialization run.
The 990s must be on the center stand, and are thus stand vertically. For SD / SM models use a Paddock Stands
or the side stand with a piece of wood underneath.
The engine must be cold.
There should be the coolest possible air temperature outside, this can be very helpful for a lower fuel
Start the engine and let it run at idle for 15 minutes. During these 15 minutes, not use the throttle or
any other functions.
The 15 minutes need to be strictly adhered to, and must not fall below. The time can only be exceeded by
a maximum of one minute.
Should the engine go out, then re-start ONLY, do not begin 15 minutes again. (Source: German KTM Forum)
If you want to perform an initialization run only, you must first reset in any case the adaptation.
(Source: LC8 German KTM Forum)
New in TuneECU version 2.3.5 for KTM 990 & 1190
ECU after replacing or repairing the engine.
CAUTION: To adapt the ECU to the change of parameters after replacement or repair with
the replacement of the engine pistons, cylinders or cylinder heads, a reset of the ECU must be performed.
If you omit this step, the engine can have a dysfunction at idle for a long period.
- Connect the diagnostic cable, run the program and turn ignition ON.
- Wait until connection is established.
- Go to the tab "Tests" and double-click "Reset Adaptation".
- Wait for the message "Reset Adaptation done", exit the program and disconnect the diagnostic cable.
- Run the engine at idle for 15 minutes without touching the throttle, check the coolant temperature, stop the
engine in case of overheating.
downloading a FI-map,
start the engine and let runnig it idle (without touching accelerator)
for 15 minutes,
then turn it off.
After downloading a EP-map, Following a mapping download into the ECU, turn off the ignition (key) , turn on the ignition, slowly rotate the Throttle until full throttle then slowly close the throttle, turn off the ignition.
Benelli Walbro ECU
(TNT, Tornado 1130 and TREK models)
In testing mode, double-click "Reset TPS"
It is done in several steps. Read the
workshop manual. The third
shows the voltage (V), allowing the adjustment of the position and
adjustment of the controller.
For this purpose has "Champ87" from "www.triumphrat.net" the example of a Triumph Sprint 1050 model
2006, wrote an excellent sticky. With his permission, here also the guide as a PDF file.
Compensador de combustible de ralentí (ajuste de CO)
Esto sólo puede fijarse cuando la temperatura del
está entre los 80-95ºC
Idle Fuel Trim (CO adjust) only models without O² Probe
1. Ignition on, start TuneECU
2. start the engine
3. open in TuneECU the test panel.
On the left side, below, you find the switch "Idle Fuel Trim (CO)" here can you change the value.
But you also need a co-tester, TuneECU even shows only a notional value and not the percentage of CO.
Ajuste del motor paso a paso Adjust Stepper Motor - Keihin Triumph onlyIt is done in three steps. Read the workshop manual. The third dial shows the voltage (V), allowing the adjustment of the position and adjustment of the controller.
Adjust Stepper Motor IACV -Sagem only
It is possible to reset these two last parameters by right-clicking the arrows active during the adjustment.
Compensador de combustible continuo ???Long Term Fuel Trim (Sagem only)
Double-click to adjust the parameter.
Eliminación de fallos.
<Menú> ECU - Borrar códigos de error
En modo "Diagnostico" o "Tests", esta opción permitirá borrar los fallos y mensajes guardados por la ECU. Si estos errores no han sido tratados (por ejemplo un sensor defectuoso) seguirán generándose y guardándose
en la ECU.
Here a step by step instruction to download a new map to your ECU. These instructions were
used on a 2010 NJ2 Speed Triple 1050.
You don't need any tools. Remove your seat and the ECU cable connector is just sitting in front of the fusebox
(behind the tank)
- Start your computer
- Plug the OBD2-cable into the USB-port from your computer.
- Start TuneECU - select the map view / edit mode.
- Plug the OBD2-cable into the OBD2-Port from your bike.
- Pull the headlight fuse and optional the tailight fuse (save battery - Keihin ECUs don't like a voltage drop).
The 2 fuses are marked on the underside of the fusebox cover. 20amp and 5 amp respectively
- Turn on ignition (kill switch in run position, do not start the engine)
- Select Connect from TuneECU menu (it may auto-connect)
- Optional: On the TuneECU menu - Read your map (this backs up your ECU's current map on the bike)
and store this on your computer.
- Now choose from the menu TuneECU, select File -> Open your new map file. Attention! Make sure that
this map is suitable for your bike.
- Select download to the bike - this takes about 1 - 2 minutes
- When finished - select disconnect from the menu. This is important you do this before turning off the ignition
as it "closes" the program mode on the ECU.
- After TuneECU is disconnects - Turn off the ignition
- Put fuses back in
- Wait 10 - 15 seconds and Turn on ignition
For the Reset adaption, if required, you have two options, example of Triumph Keihin ECU.
These two options are not applicable for the Sagem models.:
- The 12 minutes tune:
1. Ensure the transmission is in neutral.
2. Ensure the ECM has no stored faults (DTCs).
3. WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE, start the engine and allow it to warm up to 90°C .
4. Leave the engine to idle for a further 12 minutes. Now have fun.
- Reset adaption with TuneECU:
- Reconnect with TuneECU
- Select Reset Adaptation (takes about 30 seconds for the menu item to come selectable
as TuneECU connects).
- Once reset and with Tune ECU still connected.
- start your bike. Make sure you don't touch / twist the throttle - just thumb the starter until she fires.
Watch the TPS indicator at the bottom left corner of the TuneECU screen. When it goes green
(after about 15 - 20 minutes bike has to come to temp etc....) the ECU has baselined the TPS.
- Disconnect ECU on the TuneECU menu.
- Turn off your bike.
- Disconnect your computer from the bike. Now have fun.
TuneECU For Dummies: The practice report by "Ebster1085" from the forum http://www.triumphrat.net
at a Speed Triple1050, model 2007.
provided information on the sides of TuneECU have been made in good
faith, *** END ***
but make no claim to completeness and correctness.
*** END ***